Dear Santa, I’ve been as good as possible this year (how’s that for honest?) and thought I’d let you know what’s on my list. It’s almost too late to order anything in time for pre-Christmas delivery but that’s not important because what I really want is free and I need to give them to myself.
I need to get in better physical shape.
- I detest my local gym, but avoiding it is only hurting me so I have to make it a priority instead of a punishment. If it’s overcrowded and smells of sweat in the morning, I have to make myself go in the afternoon. Inconvenience is a lousy excuse.
I want my arthritis to stop hurting.
- I didn’t share my update on the Gin & Golden Raisins treatment because I never thought much about it after I finished them. Sadly, my arthritis pain mysteriously returned a few weeks ago and I drew a connection. I’m not a doctor and can’t claim any medical information about this protocol. I just know that it helped me so I’m going back to using it.
I need to spend more time away from my computer.
- I miss curling up with a good book with no schedule. I’m not spending enough time outside, simply daydreaming and breathing fresh air. Blogging takes increasingly more of my time. The social media portion of it is time-consuming and can eat up hours if I’m not careful.
I need to work harder to maintain my “in person” friendships.
- I have many online friends who are near and dear to me but nothing beats meeting a longtime girlfriend for coffee or sitting over our knitting, sharing our lives.
I need to spend more time with my grandson.
- Nothing, absolutely nothing makes my spirit soar more than spending time with this little man. I love hearing how he sees the world and teaching him new things. He’s so bright and darling, he is a pure delight.
These may seem like New Years Resolutions, but I resist those because they usually lose their momentum by the second week of January. I prefer to look at these as gifts I give myself rather than rules I need to follow.
What do you think?
What sort of things do you like to give yourself?
Thanks for being here, sharing your stories and supporting other women. You help make this a community of like-minded, kind women who I am pleased to know.