Virtual Color Analysis With Joan Kosmachuk

Virtual Color Analysis With Joan Kosmachuk

Happy Thursday ladies. Today is part four of my series on virtual personal color analysis. I will share my thoughts in a wrap-up post next week because I want you to see what I was presented and decide for yourself. This week it’s my Suzanne Caygill method virtual color analysis with Joan Kosmachuk.

Joan trained and mentored in the Suzanne Caygill method of Seasonal Color Analysis who’s underlying theory is that our hair, skin, and eyes create a beautiful inherent color harmony. This intersects with our energy, personality, facial structure, and other physical characteristics. All these factors are taken into account to determine your most flattering colors.CLOSE UP OF EYE

This analysis worked slightly differently. I sent Joan two photos. One of my bare face in bright light with my hair covered and one close-up of my eye. We spoke on the zoom for about an hour so she could see me, ask questions, and get a feel for my energy/personality. Several weeks later we did a zoom call to discuss her conclusions.

soft bright color palette

THE COLOR FAN JOAN CREATED FOR ME

Here is some of what Joan sent me-

“You are dominantly cool and neutral with a little warmth. You are low-medium contrast. Your colors are middle value, clear or milky. Your classic (and casual) style has an elevated simplicity, with a touch of lighthearted piquancy.” – Joan

fashion blogger Jennifer Connolly wearing cool clear colors
“If we compare cool, clear, tinted, or milky colors (above) on you versus those that are pure colors below, we see that in the above photos YOU are seen first. These colors connect to and express your energy without overpowering you.”- Joan
fashion blogger Jennifer Connolly wearing pure colors
“Some of your colors are softer, milkier,(below) but they still connect to your strong, bright energy and we still see you.” -Joan
Joan decided that even though my coloring is soft and somewhat muted, I have the energy of a Spring. She typed me as a Sophisticated Spring who wears the coolest of the spring tones. She believes I need to wear clear, tinted colors. I can wear softer colors but if they’re too muted they won’t connect with my energy/personality and tend to make me look invisible.
You can read more about Joan’s Virtual Seasonal color analysis here, and the rest of her services here.
So what do you think?

This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.

1. Pat
    September 17, 2020 / 2:28 pm

I’m so glad you did this comparison of color analysis. I think this is spot on for you

2. Eve
    September 17, 2020 / 2:05 pm

This one brought out your beautiful warm smile and friendly personality. She is right. I noticed you first and then how balanced everything seemed. She is definitely my favorite one. I think I’ll give it a go. It’s inspiring and a teachable moment to see the difference the right color can make.

3. mimi
    September 17, 2020 / 12:06 pm

When you take a picture without your hair showing & send off to these color consultants, do they ever suggest that your hair color needs to change to compliment your skin tone better? Do they suggest whether your eye glasses should blend in to your skin tone or stand out to be frames for your eyes? I ask because I’m not seeing this in the various posts. Also do they tell you to go with silver or white gold versus gold jewelry ?

4. Denise Lampron
    September 17, 2020 / 10:51 am

This is the best color analysis of the four. Joan did an excellent job of explaining her choices and giving you the colors that represent you, your energy and personality. Fantastic job, Joan. I’d definitely recommend you for a color analysis.

5. Valerie
    September 17, 2020 / 9:03 am

Wow! So according to these experts you are everything under the sun except Winter. I guess that gives you lots of choices.

6. Kathy Campbell
    September 17, 2020 / 8:53 am

I really like the way Joan explained her analysis. You look beautiful in the first row of pics…..just lovely. The second row shows how those strong saturated colors overwhelm you ( although they are my colors!) . The third row certainly works as well. Your research proves that color definitely has an impact. Of course we can all wear whatever we like……but some choices are certainly more flattering than others! Great job. Looking forward to YOUR conclusions.
    Kathy

7. Dawn
    September 17, 2020 / 8:49 am

She is spot on! You are wearing the clothes in the top photos, they aren’t wearing you! I have similar coloring, hair and eye color and I look best in blues, greens, periwinkle, grays and pinks. I favor navy over black. You look gorgeous!

8. Mary
    September 17, 2020 / 8:39 am

This all makes sense to me. I have the same coloring as you, and the colors shown are my go to colors!! I feel best in almost any shade of blue or purple.

9. Francesca B.
    September 17, 2020 / 8:34 am

Am I the only one “in the room” who finds this color analysis thing a bit limiting and dare i say it dull? Of course I make mistakes buying the wrong color sometimes due to fashion, or whim or where I am in the moment, but overall I trust my instincts more than some stranger and a computer analysis. I like choosing my own clothes and finding quirky, “off the beaten path” things out of the norm that say something about my character.
    I think you look wonderful Jennifer in all your choices, love your style.
    Vive la difference (somewhere on this keyboard is the accent) as the saying goes! Embrace life!

10. marlene alves
    September 17, 2020 / 8:31 am

Agree, agree, agree…TOTALLY right on…!!!!

So glad you offered this “visual” as a teaching tool, Jennifer; would like to add: when one sees the outfit first and the person second (not so great). When one sees the person first and the clothes second (not so great). When one sees the “whole package” in a harmonious flow…just right!

The right (flattering) colors makes all the difference when purchasing clothing & they will mix & match…..best use of $$$.

The contrasting images in these photos is a terrific example…you look MAHVALOUS, my dear!

11. Phyllis Hughes
    September 17, 2020 / 8:18 am

I agree that this is the best one, but the colors given to you really seem more Summer colors than Spring colors. I was also struck that the colors you were given are pre-dominantly Blue and Blue-green with just a smattering of Pink and Grey. It is more limited than most color palettes I have seen. I am eager to read what you have to say on the different color palettes.

12. Sharon Satterfield
    September 17, 2020 / 8:18 am

Amazingly spot on!

13. Krista
    September 17, 2020 / 7:49 am

My sister, I and my mom had our colors done 45 years ago. Yes that’s right. Our consultant was spot on and I have used her analysis ever since when purchasing items for my wardrobe. This has actually stretched my wardrobe to twice the combinations I can wear.

Your last analysis was spot on. As we age our skin gets thin and shallow so the colors she picked for your are true compliments to your undertones.

14. Elizabeth
    September 17, 2020 / 7:46 am

This one really is very clear, that first row of pictures YOU really shine! Can’t wait to follow your journey as you transform your closet!

15. Suzi
    September 17, 2020 / 7:41 am

I’m with the crowd! DITTO DITTO DITTO. First time I have ever considered a color analysis.

16. Yvonne
    September 17, 2020 / 7:25 am

I agree with the others, this was the best analysis yet. And probably the closest to an in person consultation, as she took the time and effort to go through all your photos to show examples. It also feels more personalized than the others.
    I just wish she hadn’t called this pallet “spring” as in my mind I think of the traditional warm, spring colours, which this is not. But, that’s just me.
    And yes, you shine in the colours in the first row of examples.

September 17, 2020 / 7:20 am

“Pictures are worth a thousand words” The series of pictures make it so obvious. Time to clear out your closet of all the clothes that are hiding you and focus on bright, clear colours that highlight your beauty.

18. Linda Henderson
    September 17, 2020 / 7:18 am

She’s right on the money!

19. Fran
    September 17, 2020 / 7:08 am

I love these colors on you.
    The explanations of color value are good. Now I see why although I buy strong, clear colored sweaters, I end up not wearing them. And when I wear too pale colors, they wash me out, making me unnoticeable.
    These are great photos to show me the difference. I’m looking forward to reading all about your final decisions!

20. Rose
    September 17, 2020 / 6:49 am

I agree with everyone that she really nailed it. Those colors really do show your energy! Looking forward to the next installment.

21. Lizette
    September 17, 2020 / 6:48 am

Clearly, this colour analysis is the right one. No question. In the photos of you with your proper colours, my eye goes right to your face, your eyes, your smile. In the photos of you in the inappropriate colours, my eye goes to the clothing. How smart you are to try several colour analyses until you found the right one.

22. MRSBEN2
    September 17, 2020 / 6:15 am

Didn’t comment on the other analysis as was waiting for the finale. With that said; I too feel this one nailed it!

23. Maggie Woodruff
    September 17, 2020 / 6:09 am

Joan did it…! Best all over.

24. patricia valentic
    September 17, 2020 / 5:56 am

I agree this one seems to be the best. I like how she looked at your energy level as well as your skin tone. I look forward to your analysis. I too am a soft summer I feel like I can wear muted well, but sometimes I feel like the muted colors do not connect with my energy. I will say there are times I love wearing muted just not all the time. hmm… patval

25. Beverly
    September 17, 2020 / 5:55 am

Thank you so much for going through this process and sharing the results. Quite helpful to those of us who are considering a color analysis. Some analysts are big on hyping themselves in social media, so it’s hard to tell whose results would be more accurate. Love your look this time and the comments from Joan.

26. Becky
    September 17, 2020 / 5:44 am

I agree with all the others. Those three lines of photos tell the story! I was struck by how much you glow in those first pictures. She was exactly right – YOU are what comes through, and the colors highlight YOU – not the other way around.

27. Cannon
    September 17, 2020 / 5:42 am

This recent analysis nailed it! Sophisticated Spring! I can see that your eye color has a some yellow around the iris, which leads one to a warm conclusion. Yet your skin tone is neutral.
    However, to push that further into what type of spring is certainly on a higher level than the other analyses. I like your personally tailored color fan too. My favorite so far! I look forward to your conclusions. Are you going to give up on your black? (Black is slowly but surely leaving my closet. Navy too.) Thanks for the ride!

28. Debbie
    September 17, 2020 / 5:41 am

We have the same skin, eye and hair color and I agree with most of the comments today that this lady was spot on with your colors! Jewel tones are our friends.

29. Judith
    September 17, 2020 / 5:39 am

Yes, I think this one is the BEST. The Spring brings forth your beauty. Now maybe that is because I love those colours too. My eyes are an exact match for yours.

The question for me is how do you bring this colouring into Fall and Winter seasons as we head there?

30. Cindy P
    September 17, 2020 / 5:38 am

Good morning Jennifer! Up till this point I didn’t think color analysis was worth your money because I didn’t feel any of them were doing you justice. But these colors are exactly the ones for you. It brings out your true God given beauty and even your personality. I feel in these pics you are wearing the clothes and the clothes aren’t wearing you, if that makes sense. Great job on this one!

September 17, 2020 / 5:33 am

Bingo! The three rows of pictures really helps me “see” the results better. The top row of pics is gorgeous on you! You come alive! The second row looks too heavy, and dark on you, the third row looks more washed out, compared to the first row. The pics side by side tell a better story. I agree, this one seems right on. Great job!

32. Barb
    September 17, 2020 / 5:30 am

It seems as though all comments are in agreement..this one is the best. I love the color pallet. It is fresh and very complimentary to your coloring. By far the best one.

33. Jan
    September 17, 2020 / 5:20 am

This color analysis couldn’t have been more clear about which colors best compliment you. It seems that your basic instincts were to reach for these colors over and over. As much as I might love all the bright, clear colors, they are getting harder to wear. It’s that sharp contrast that they create. I am softening the contrast with hair color, hair style, makeup and clothing choices.
    This was a very interesting study but also a bit alarming to see the results of these four analysts land all over the place. Maybe now you could contrast your denim or chambray shirt with a cool, bright tank or scarf.

34. Gaynor
    September 17, 2020 / 5:18 am

Definitely the best! Those colours are very flattering, enhancing your natural beauty. As my coloring is similar, and those colours suit me, I plan to nowl cull anything less suitable from my wardrobe. A colour consultant told me 30+ years ago that I was a Summer . Sophisticated Spring sounds just right.

35. SusanKelley
    September 17, 2020 / 5:18 am

I like you better in the dark re and the cobaul photos better

September 17, 2020 / 5:17 am

I have been following this and I totally agree this one is the best analysis so far. I’m also a visual person so I was amazed that your colors she selected were perfect. Loved the color fan too.

37. Debra Black
    September 17, 2020 / 5:16 am

Definitely spot on! I like the comment that she can ‘see’ you first. I never looked at it that way. She was right. The pictures in which we see you first are the best!

38. Sandy
    September 17, 2020 / 5:14 am

IMO – this is the best one. I love the whole color typing science and feel she got it right for you. Luckily, you were probably easier than most clients because you have so many photos of yourself in so many different colors to help type you.

39. Rita
    September 17, 2020 / 5:12 am

Wow! I think she nailed it! I like this analysis best!

40. Joyce Reardon
    September 17, 2020 / 5:11 am

I love these colors on you! Best one

41. Diane B
    September 17, 2020 / 5:11 am

I do think that this one is a very accurate analysis of you as a whole. I am so glad you chose her for one of your four, as she trained with John Kitchener and that is the one I have the most faith in myself. Isn’t it interesting how the very bright colours can enter the room before you. It took me a while to figure out why people would say how much they liked the colour or item instead of noticing me. This must be a very frustrating journey for you, and I am eager to hear next week what your true feelings are. Thank you for taking us along on your adventure. I am sure I can speak for many, I have learned alot as well. You look lovely in the colours chosen.

42. Mary Lou
    September 17, 2020 / 5:00 am

This is really the best group……brings out your eyes and makes your skin glow. You look much younger and brighter. Especially the first group……….enjoyed the process.

43. Lori
    September 17, 2020 / 4:49 am

Wow! The colors she recommended look amazing on you! I have watched this closely as we have almost identical coloring. I think this is the best of the four. She was spot on!

44. Deborah Boykin
    September 17, 2020 / 4:48 am

Best one yet IMO! It is transforming once you see yourself in the correct colors (I’m a visual person). This seems spot on! Can’t wait to hear you weigh in on all 4.

45. Cynthia
    September 17, 2020 / 4:31 am

Best of the four, IMO. The contrast of the more vivid colors to the milkier ones was spot on!

46. jmp
    September 17, 2020 / 4:31 am

This one seems to fit better than the other three. It was interesting that she focused on the eye shape and color.

47. Mona
    September 17, 2020 / 4:25 am

I love you in the top row of colors- Aqua, periwinkle blue, pink! I think we are the same coloring…waiting for my results from Your color style. Where did the aqua v neck tee come from? Love your posts!

48. Sondra
    September 17, 2020 / 4:22 am

I think she nailed you!! Definitely the best one of the four!

49. Lin
    September 17, 2020 / 3:24 am

This one definitely seems to be ‘you’ and the examples shown back up the analysis really well

50. Val