Happy Labor Day weekend and welcome to would you wear it. I’ve been a bit absent here lately because our house has been in massive chaos and eating up almost all my time. We stopped unpacking several weeks ago when we discovered the previous owners had some rodent issues. In fact, it turns out on top of mice and a rat or two, they had a mole living in the house. That seriously creeped us out so we decided the carpeting had to go… immediately.
We got 1/2 of our new carpeting installed Wednesday which meant moving all the boxes and antiques out of those rooms and cramming everything into the kitchen/family room. Carpet installers won’t move boxes or antiques. Who knew?
The carpet has not been without surprises either. The pad and carpet are so thick we can’t move any of our doors and the installers don’t shave down doors. Ah, the joys of homeownership. I promise to share our progress when it’s not such a disaster because, suffice to say, nothing is camera-ready.
Back to would you wear it. Each week my friend Pam and I share a photo of a mannequin and ask for our readers’ opinion. We want to know if you would wear what it is modeling..based on your shape, coloring, and lifestyle.
So tell me, ladies, would you wear this and why or why not?
The Labor Day sales are epic this weekend. Here are just a few updates:
Banana Republic – 40% off everything plus free shipping over $150 with the code BRSHIP
Here are a few things that caught my eye-
- I love this Gray Croc Effect Saddlebag. It’s inspired by a piece from BR archives and oh so elegant looking. Croc print is as on-trend as zebra and leopard this fall but also timeless and classically elegant so this bag will look chic forever. Croc accessories also look great with other animal prints because it’s tone on tone patterning.
- It’s hard to go wrong with a leopard blouse this fall, or any time. This Dillon Classic-Fit blouse is also available in zebra, polka dot or solids.
- I’m always a fan of Vegan Suede. Make a classic Trench in it and you’ve got a great basic that updates everything you wear it with.
Talbots – 25% off your regular-price purchase. Here’s what caught my eye and ended up in my cart.
- I shared these denim trousers in white here and loved them so much I ordered them in the dark wash. I got these in regular length to hem a bit longer to wear with booties. I’ll style them here soon.
- I was in my local Talbots last week and fell head over heels for this jacket. I’m new to plaid and loving its borrowed from the boys vibe. Longer jackets are trending this fall so I bought the 6 regular rather than the 8 petite. You’ll see it here soon…probably belted.
- I tried this Olive quilted jacket on and loved the fit. The quilting is slim and the belt gives it some shape so it has a narrow silhouette. This quilted jacket is a bit more casual and comes in some pretty colors. This long quilted coat has a hood for extra practicality and comes in the most elegant Honey Wheat color. They’re all terrific light layers which don’t add bulk.
- This cashmere sweater is available in one of my very favorite colors so I had to order it. Their cashmere is especially luxurious and the colors are yummy. Being able to get it on sale before the season hits is smart.
- I predict this blazer will be a huge seller for Talbots this season. The gray color is lovely but the Camel is stunning. It’s elegant, soft and a perfect piece to wear with jeans this winter. It’s a great weight and perfect for layering.
Now let’s go see what Pam is wearing here.
Thanks for reading and be sure you feel confident in what you wear!