Summer is fast approaching and that means travel. Several of my readers have asked me to share what to pack for a cruise. The answer depends on the time of year, where you’re cruising and the formality of your ship.
I never check bags when I fly so I pack versatile pieces that can be worn multiple ways. I bring fewer items than most do because I wear thing several times in different ways.
Shore excursions call for comfort and layers. Flat shoes, a straw tote and sunnies are part of my everyday wear for a cruise. A white shirt tied at the waist is great for lightweight coverage and waist definition. I can take it off and stow in my tote if it gets too hot.
What to Pack
- 3- 4 bottoms, skirts or pants
- 5-6 tops
- 1-2 casual to dressy dresses
- a wrap and a lightweight jacket for ocean breezes
- knits and crushable fabrics
- stick to 2 main colors for your garments, and add pizzazz with accessories
- solid colors allow more mixing and matching and are less memorable
- several scarves to change-up the look of tops
- comfortable walking shoes
- dressy flats or small heels if you like
- a tote for shore excursions and trips to the pool aboard the ship
- a small evening bag
- sun hat
- scarves of varying size and weight
- it’s best to travel with nice costume jewelry
- several pairs of sunglasses because they change your look instantly and you’re likely to wear them daily
A simple jersey dress can be invaluable. They come out of your bag unwrinkled and are easy care. Full-length ones can dress up or down and do double duty. They’re also stretchy and accommodate the several pound weight gain I always get on a cruise:).
A change of shoes, bag, and jewelry transform this jersey dress for dinner and a show in the evening.
A knit jacket or blazer polishes many looks, It can top Bermuda shorts during the day or a jersey dress at night. I leave all my good jewelry at home and pack lots of costume pieces. Having a variety of necklaces, earrings and scarves can change the look of any outfit.
Do you have any upcoming cruises?
Have a fabulous week!
SHOP MY LOOKS
CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO SHOP THE ITEMS