I fell into investment dressing accidentally. I didn’t know some things would become investments until I’d worn them for many years. With age comes experience and…wisdom which has saved me a lot of money. Today I’m sharing tips on how you can shop for investment items for your wardrobe.
An investment purchase is an item that you know will serve you long-term. It goes with most/many items in your wardrobe and wearing it makes you feel confident and fabulous.
Your investment items will vary according to your budget. Most of my investment pieces were purchased many years ago. Some were expensive, many were not.
For me to consider an item an investment it must be a chameleon in my wardrobe or a building block I can create many looks around.
Things to consider when buying an investment piece
- Opt for neutral colors that will coordinate with many other colors and patterns.
- Stick to classic or near classic shapes or…
- Choose unique items you will adore wearing every time you wear it.
- Does it play nicely with 5 or more items in your wardrobe?
- Is it versatile and can I wear it different ways?
- Look for quality details to ensure it will stand the test of repeated wearing.
- Be ready to care for your investment items meticulously.
- Accessories can be some of the smartest investments.
Thanks for reading and have a great day!