With age comes experience and some wisdom which has saved me a lot of money. I accidentally discovered investment dressing when I noticed I was wearing the same pair of pants (which looked brand new) ten years after I had purchased them.
Today I’m sharing tips on how you can shop for investment items for your wardrobe.
What Is An Investment Piece?
An investment purchase is an item that you know will serve you long-term. It goes with most/many items in your wardrobe plus you always feel confident and fabulous when you wear it.
Your investment items will vary according to your budget. Most of my investment pieces were purchased many years ago. Some were expensive, many were not.
For me to consider an item an investment it must be a chameleon in my wardrobe or a building block I can create many looks around.
How To Choose An Investment Piece
- Neutral colors are the most versatile so the easiest to coordinate with other colors and patterns.
- Choose classic or near-classic shapes that are timeless or…
- Choose unique items that you’ll adore wearing every time you bring them out.
- Be sure the item will play nicely with 5 or more items in your wardrobe.
- Buy the best you can afford with quality details that will hold up to repeated wearing.
- Be ready to care for your investment items meticulously.
- Accessories can be some of the smartest investments.
What’s been one of your surprise investment pieces?