How do you unwind? Relaxation is becoming increasingly important to me as I consider stress’ impact on my health. I struggle with high blood pressure and take medication to control it. That does keep it in check but I also use holistic practices to help reprogram my type AA personality.
Here are a few things I do to unwind.
- I stopped watching the news at the suggestion of Dr. Andrew Weil in this book and I have never regretted the decision. If something enormous happens, someone will tell me, but otherwise, I don’t need to know. Most local news is simply crime reporting which I find depressing and sad. If I need to know world events I can get a quick update from the internet.
- I listen to classical or spa music at home. This is my favorite soothing CD which plays on a loop in my car.
- I buy fresh flowers for myself each week because having beauty around me is relaxing.
- I’ve just rediscovered the joy of immersing myself in a fun novel. My latest are by Fiona Davis. I just finished
- I am writing in a gratitude journal each morning, taking time to meditate and diffusing essential oils.
- My newest ritual has been to get up before the sun, light a candle and sit quietly enjoying my tea. There’s something very soothing about watching the world wake up. I like how it sets the mood for my day and find it helps me be more productive.
- I burn candles. Most evenings you’ll find candles burning on my mantle, coffee table, and end table. I find them soothing plus everything looks better by candlelight.
I recently found what may be the healthiest candles around. The owner reached out to me and after I read her story and tried her candles, I wanted to share them with you. This is not a sponsored post.
Rebecca is a breast cancer survivor who stopped burning candles because of their toxins. She missed enjoying the ritual of burning a candle so in 2014 created a safer alternative and started Sanari Candles.
These special candles are made from organic coconut wax and non-GMO soy wax which is sourced from organic farmers who use sustainable sources. It turns out that good old coconut wax is one of the safest waxes to burn, plus its renewable and environmentally friendly.
She mixes in pure essential oils for the full aromatherapy effect. The wick is a wide unbleached cotton which burns cleanly and evenly, creating a triangular glow. The candles are hand-poured into a recycled stemless wine glasses. How’s that for environmentally friendly?
Rebecca has generously offered to give my readers a 25% discount with the code LIFE25 at checkout, which is good until 9/30/18.
She has also generously offered to give away a 16 oz candle to one of my readers. My favorite fragrance so far is this Pompelo which is a blend of Douglas Fir, Chamomile, and Lavender. So soothing!
To win the candle, simply pop over here and see which blend sounds yummiest to you, Then come back and leave it in the comments. I will pick a winner at random.
How do you unwind?
This giveaway is now closed.
Thanks for reading ladies and have a great day!
Affiliate link within this post may generate income for AWSL