Yesterday was a quiet day for me. I did a little online shopping, walked my dog, did a little reading and made Smoked Salmon Chowder…recipe to follow.
Did you know 51% of all holiday gifts will be purchased online this year? It makes sense to me. Why fight the crowds when the selections are better online, and most stores seem to be offering free shipping and returns!
The competition is stiff for our business, so stores are being very competitive. This time of year no one should pay full price for anything.
I’ve been really happy with how comfy my open toe Munro booties are and wanted to get a closed toe pair for when the rain starts. These Munro booties are new and full price everywhere. The only discount I can find for them is Bloomingdales Cyber Monday- 25% off at checkout.
Chico’s is offering 50% off your entire order plus free shipping. Passport members get an additional 5% off! Use Code 73785 at checkout
Nordstrom has some extraordinary discounts too. Honestly, I would rather let my fingers do the running around on my computer comparing prices than racing all over town.
This Taylor bootie by Munro is the closed toe version of the pair I got in September…now if I could only find them on sale:)
Here’s the recipe for the soup I made yesterday. It’s delicious, filling and anything but lo-cal!
Smoked Salmon Chowder
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons diced shallot
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons diced leek
- 1/2 head roasted Fennel, finely chopped. I make mine the day before
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- 1-quart heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Saute onions, shallots, and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add leeks, fennel and smoked salmon. Stir to cook but do not brown-about 5 minutes
- Add white wine and deglaze the pan, then reduce by 1/2. About 6 minutes.
- Add cream, lemon juice, bring to a soft boil and serve hot.
We enjoyed it with Roasted Fennel Au Gratin, crusty gluten-free rolls and a glass of Chardonnay.
Speaking of price, the wild smoked salmon from Cost-Co is excellent and very affordable.
Are you doing much shopping online this season?
Have a great day and thanks for reading!