I’m a huge fan of salmon of all types. Here’s a recipe for Smoked Salmon Chowder which is quick to make, delicious, filling and anything but lo-cal!
Smoked Salmon Chowder
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons diced shallot
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons diced leek
- 1/2 head roasted Fennel, finely chopped. I make mine the day before
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- 1-quart heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Saute onions, shallots, and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Add leeks, fennel and smoked salmon. Stir to cook but do not brown-about 5 minutes
- Add white wine and deglaze the pan, then reduce by 1/2. About 6 minutes.
- Add cream, lemon juice, bring to a soft boil and serve hot.
We enjoyed it with Roasted Fennel Au Gratin, crusty gluten-free rolls and a glass of Chardonnay.
Speaking of price, the wild smoked salmon from Cost-Co is excellent and very affordable.
Are you doing much shopping online this season?
Have a great day and remember to wear what makes you feel confident.
SHOP MY LOOKS
CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO SHOP THE ITEMS