Following my highly scientific survey last week, I’ve concluded that, like me, people comment on posts that resonate with them.
I think for most blog readers…if the post or topic is not revving their engine, they’ll turn the corner and move on. If they find a blog is consistently irrelevant…they’ll unsubscribe or toss it into their spam bin.
Thank’s for answering my survey. I was surprised by some of your responses. Not one…
OK 2 PEOPLE told me to shut up and stop blogging. (I’m not counting them 🙂
“Randomness I come across” was the number one topic you wanted me to write more about.
In my continuing search for relevance, I asked my husband, what one word he would use to describe me. There were several funny discussions and in the end, he came up with the same word I think of…when I remember my Mom.
Competent. I’m a can-do woman.
- Gapped my own spark plugs
- Changed flat tires.
- Changed my car’s oil.
- Re-wired light switches and installed chandeliers.
- Built a screened-in porch in our house.
- Reupholstered furniture.
- I’ve re-plumbed a sink.
- Taken my dishwasher apart to fix the problem.
- I’ve stripped and restored antique furniture.
- Sewed and installed drapery.
- Made several tufted head boards from scratch.
- Replaced all the doorknobs in our house.
- I’ve painted an entire house, inside and out…ours.
- Sewn all my clothes during high school and college.
- Striped off and hung wallpaper.
- Built a canopy frame for our bed and sewed the silk hangings for it.
- Taught myself to cook…and I’m pretty damn good at it.
- Knit many garments for everyone in my family.
- Can back a 30 foot trailer into anywhere and park it on a dime.
When wondering what commodity or skill I could trade for goods and services if the monetary system failed, I decided, plenty.
I don’t think of myself as a pioneer woman and gingham ruffles have never been a fashion statement for me but perhaps I need to reconsider it.
What could you trade?
Thanks for reading and have a great day!