The holidays are here, which for many of us, means a family reunion. People fly in, guest rooms get fluffed, parties are planned, and occasionally, some feathers get ruffled. It’s basically a family party and you want to look your best.
Whether it’s a winter gathering, holiday dinner or summer barbeque, family reunions call for you to wear something that makes you feel terrific. What you wear will tell your family who you are now, how you feel about yourself and how you want to be treated.
Thanksgiving is almost always a sit-down occasion so pay attention to what’s above your waist. That’s what will be most visible across the table. Choose a top in a flattering color that makes your eyes sparkle. Earrings, necklaces, and even bracelets show over a dinner table so wear flattering ones that you love. Find a long-wearing, stay-on lipstick (my favorite in Fascination) that will last through all or most of the meal.
What to Avoid
- Clothes that bind, tops that gape and shoes that pinch.
- Loud bracelets that jangle every time you move your arms.
- Heavy perfume. Go light on the fragrance so you don’t overpower the people sitting near you.
- very long, loose hair that may end up in your neighbors’ dinner plate.
- extra long or voluminous sleeves that end up in your food and make it hard to reach for things.
- a soft tunic sweater, leggings, flat booties, sparkly necklace
- a sweater dress, opaque tights, ballet flats, hoop earrings
- crisp white shirt, dark wash bootcut jeans, leopard print ankle boots, statement earrings
- straight leg jeans, cashmere sweater, statement bracelet, and simple neck scarf
- cotton wrap dress, low heels, pearl earrings
- cotton or silk tee, skinny jeans, duster cardigan, knee boots
If you’re given a dress code, follow it. Don’t be that person who stands out by looking inappropriate.
Is your family getting together for Thanksgiving this year?
The winner of the cashmere giveaway has not responded so I am choosing a new one.
Thanks for reading and remember to wear what makes you feel confident.