Online color analysis has never seemed like a viable option to me because the gold standard has always been in-person color draping. But with more and more color professionals offering this service, I decided to try several methods to see how effective they are. Each color expert uses different methods and the results are as varied as you would expect. In the next few weeks, you’re going to see far more photos of me without makeup than I ever thought I would share:)
I started with color and style coach Jen Thoden. She is the creator and founder of the online color system, Your Color Style™. Her system offers many ways to discover your most flattering colors including the option for you to color type yourself. Her system does not define you by a season. Rather, you are typed as a combination of warm or cool, soft or bright, and light, medium, or dark.
We had a great chat here where she explains how she did my color analysis. I think you’ll enjoy our talk. BTW…Jen and I both agree that if you love a color, you should wear it no matter what any expert tells you.
Jen mailed me her 12 color analysis cards which I held up to my bare face. I then snapped images to send to her for analysis. I tried various lighting conditions and while none of them looked accurate to me, Jen assured me that because she has the cards, she’s able to calibrate my images to get my accurate coloring.
You can order your own Color Style Kit which includes:
- 12 color analysis cards that you’ll hold up to your face to help you see what types of colors look best on you.
- a fun video that shows you exactly how to use the color analysis cards.
- a downloadable worksheet to create your color style profile.
- videos that walk you through the concepts of color analysis and the Your Color Style methodology.
- 4 step-by-step videos that explain each color type and color card in detail. These videos are designed to help you see where you fit best.
- neutral undertones: a video lesson exclusively for you, if you feel you are neutral.
- downloadable PDFs for each video.
Jen also offers additional support and info inside her Color Style membership group which includes:
- A downloadable color analysis cheat sheet.
- 10% off of all your purchases on YourColorStyle.com
- Monthly: Receive two new trending color reports helping you learn how to wear the colors you see everywhere in the stores.
- Unlimited access to the entire repository of trending color reports and outfit ideas.
- Exclusive access to the Color Type Fashion Facebook group where you can join a community of women that want to learn how to wear their colors in stylish ways.
- Unlimited access to FOUR courses that show you how to create stylish and flattering outfits.
Her system is quite extensive and offers plenty of support going forward. You’ll get your best idea of how the Color Your Style System works by watching our conversation here.
Jen determined that I am Bright, Cool, & Light.
So what do you think?
Are you confident that your color palette still flatters your complexion?
Thanks for reading ladies and remember to wear what makes you feel confident.