Happy Sunday ladies. We’re home from Mexico and back to house hunting, between loads of laundry. As I fold each load I do an inventory of whether things should have come on this trip or not.
I find a wardrobe postmortem helpful after a holiday. It helps me understand how to pack differently next time.
Here’s how it went down:
- Everything I brought got worn once and many were styled in the exact same way to wear another day.
- All my pants had stretch waistbands which allowed me to eat my body weight in tortilla chips and way more than my fair share of guacamole without reservation. Now that I’m home and struggling to snap my jeans, I feel the error of my ways. #mistake
- My bathing suit was never worn because it just wasn’t warm enough.
- Two pair of sandals could have stayed home.
- I brought three hats and only wore two.
- I brought three scarves, one of which blew away in the wind, so mostly wore my pink leopard oblong. I wore it looped around my neck, over a jacket and tied it to cover my hat hair. I shared how I tied it over my hair in this video on my Facebook page here.
- I brought no cotton maxi skirts and could have used them.
- I needed more short sleeve tees and fewer tank tops.
- I got bored with my accessories early on as I shared here and was very grateful to have brought this colorful wrap.
- This crossbody was perfect to travel with and use each day.
In the end, I was covered for each occasion but missed many things I’d left home. I had no control over the cool temperatures and the shopping was not conducive to what I needed but we had a fabulous time.
I got bored with my clothes early on because I didn’t bring enough accessories. They’re what add the variety and interest which allow you to stretch a wardrobe. Next time I’ll stay with a predominantly neutral color scheme but bring more layering pieces and colorful accessories.
Do you go over what clothes hit and missed in your vacation wardrobes?
Thanks for reading and have a great day.