2020 may have snuck out the back door with a whimper but 2021 has rushed in with a roar. I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling the heat and could use some new self-care ideas for 2021.
Self-care ideas for 2021
Clutter of all kind stresses me out so here are a few things I’m doing:
Clear out technical clutter
- go through email and unsubscribe from lists you’re no longer interested in
- remove unused apps from your mobile device to cut down on visual clutter
- leave Facebook groups that no longer provide you value
- go through phone contacts and remove those you no longer need
Related – Self Care: It’s Your Time
Simplify your wardrobe
As often as I think I’ve cleared out my wardrobe, I’m always surprised to come across things I no longer wear, like, or need.
- be realistic about what your new lifestyle requires. Yes, we’ll hopefully get back to a new normal, but give the clothes that work for you now, the most up-front rod space.
- add more of the things you do need. I’ve spent more time wearing slippers in the past ten months than shoes so I’ve added a few to my collection.
Create a cozy spot
Whether to read, knit, chat on the phone, or just daydream…a cozy spot that feels soothing is always welcome. Add a candle, soft textures, and inspiring images.
Related –Self Care At Home
Getting outside is enormously healing…even if it’s just to your own porch. The air is just different and with luck, there are trees to see. We’ve found our Sunday drives to be a sanity saver and it’s some of the most therapeutic self-care I do all week.
Last Sunday we drove up to see Lake Oroville. There were no people around, and the place looked like a wasteland, but we enjoyed ourselves just the same. The long drive over country roads, through tiny towns, left us feeling like we’d really gotten away.
I’m also finding the gratitude alarm an invaluable tool for self-care.